EF Commander is a complex and multi-featured file manager that a wide range of users, from beginners to professionals, will find easy to use. It is the result of many requests received by the author. The first version was written in 1994, under the OS/2 operating system using Presentation Manager, as a personal replacement for the old DOS program Norton Commander. In 1996 it was ported to the 32-bit Microsoft Windows operating system.
Here are some key features of “EF Commander”:
- Easy to use: The modern interface helps you to have full control over your files and folders.
- Tabbed interface:Define just the views you need in each pane for your folders and files.
- Built-in media player: The EF Commander have a full featured hi quality audio player with playlist and ID3 Tag support. Plays in background with less resources usage MP3, Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, WMA and WAV. More formats can be play over Winamp Plugins.
- Multirename tool: A versatile function for comfortable renaming of numerous files in a processing step. Use a flexible concept for the clear definition of renaming rules, include rules for MP3 files and EXIF informations.
- Thumbnails: Quickly and easily get an overview your photos or other image collections.
- Parallel file operations: All long operations are run with multi-tasking. You can run any number of different operations at the same time, or several instances of the same operation — for example, you can have several “copy” commands going simultaneously.
- Direct link to PDAs with Windows CE: EF Commander was the first file manager worldwide with this feature. Handle your data in the same way as on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Burn CDs and DVDs direct from EF Commander: Nero Burning ROM (www.nero.com) is required.
- 7-Zip: Internal packers for more than 20 archive formats
and much more…