Download the latest version of Active@ KillDisk from Downsoft.com.
Active@ KillDisk – Hard Drive Eraser is a free, powerful and compact software that allows you to destroy all data on hard and floppy drives completely, excluding any possibility of future recovery of deleted files and folders. It’s a hard drive and partition eraser utility.
If you use FDISK, FORMAT utilities, or DELETE standard operating system command for data removal, there is always a chance to recover deleted files.
Active@ KillDisk conforms to US Department of Defense clearing and sanitizing standard DoD 5220.22-M. The most secure Gutmann’s data destruction method is also implemented. You can be sure that once you clean up with Active@ KillDisk, sensitive information is purged out forever.
This free package containing DOS and Windows executables, bootable disk creators, license and documentation. Installer and uninstaller are included.
New version supports 17 security standards from various countries including: Bruce Schneier’s algorithm, Canadian OPS-II, DoD 5220.22 M, Gutmann’s algorithm and many more.
- 5.2 version supports 17 security standards
- Detects and displays information about all partitions, hard disks and floppy drives currently connected to your computer
- Wipes out all floppies and hard disk drives completely by secure overwriting data on physical level using [One Pass Zeros] data destruction method
- Erases partitions, logical drives and even not used disk space
- Erasing report is created and can be saved as a file
- File systems (FAT, FAT32, NTFS, etc) on the drive do not matter, detected physical drive is erased using low-level disk access