Torrent Swapper, the Social BitTorrent Peer to Peer Client.
Torrent Swapper is an open sourced sociable peer to peer file-sharing client based on the Bittorrent protocol that is ideal for high-speed distribution of large files that has a basic understanding of human friendships, of user tastes in content, and of Internet connectivity between users. Torrent Swapper supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
The main idea of P2P technology is that users pool resources together and create a social service. Because users donate resources, there is no cost to the content distribution infrastructure.
Unfortunately, P2P is mainly used for the illegal spreading of intellectual property. We believe that P2P is the future of content distribution and will mature from the current “wild west” into a respectable business solution. For example, Pual Geller and Lurence Lessig are arguing for P2P as means for spreading specialized content to a small group of audience, such as video recordings of local concerts, soccer matches, and city council meetings that with advent of P2P have suddenly became feasible due to the low cost of using P2P over the Internet.
With Torrent Swapper, we are creating software for sharing large files that has a basic understanding of human friendships, of user tastes in content, and of Internet connectivity between users.
Torrent Swapper is an improved client for the Bittorrent peer-to-peer file distribution solution that is both resource friendly Yet Feature Filled. Some of Torrent Swapper features include;
- Amazon-like recommendations to get interesting files
- Doubling the download speed by using the upload capacity of friends
- Real-time P2P file sharing with P2P video streaming
- Showing the locations of seeders / leechers of the same content with city-level accuracy on a world map
- Multiple downloads in a single window
- Queueing system with priority
- Supporing pause, stop, resume, queue, remove operations
- Supporting global setting such as upload and download limiting
- Supporting local setting for each torrent as well
- And much more…