VisualHub has been discontinued and is no longer for sale or download.
In 2008, news that Techspansion, the developer of two very popular Mac OS X video conversion tools — iSquint and VisualHub — was shutting shop left the Mac community feeling a little, well, empty.
However, after considerable community outcry from people who loved VisualHub, Tyler has now released the source code for two of his projects (with new names) online to a SourceForge repository.
The source code for the last development build of VisualHub 2, aka FilmRedux is now online, click on the download link to access them.
FilmRedux is in pre-Alpha stage and there is little written information about the app available. The screenshot however reveals that the program has its roots in VisualHub but with a refreshed visual interface and a more traditional Apple style property inspector palette.
The corresponding ReadMe file says ‘it’s unfinished, unpolished, and includes latent code from another project, but a lot of the core is in place. iTunes-compatible conversions mostly work, and 80% of the UI is working. Intentions are there, it just needs some TLC from smarter people.’
OLD DESCRIPTION OF VISUALHUB
VisualHub bridges the gap between complicated video software for people that just want to get the job done.
- Fast conversion from nearly every video format to iPod, PSP, DV, DVD, Tivo, AVI, MP4, WMV, MPEG and Flash.
- Convert any file in three steps. Click, drag, click.
- Xgrid support.
- DivX/XviD AVIs, all forms of MPEG video.
- Batch Processing of multiple files.
- Dynamic Preview.
- Stitch multiple files together to combine videos.
- Highly detailed, informative Users Guide.
- Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel Macs.