FreeMind is a premier free mind-mapping software written in Java.
FreeMind can be used for the following purposes:
- Keeping track of projects, including subtasks, state of subtasks and time recording
- Project workplace, including links to necessary files, executables, source of information and of course information
- Workplace for internet research using Google and other sources
- Knowledge base – Keeping a collection of expanding notes with links.
- Essay writing and brainstorming.
- Keeping a small database.
- Commented internet favorites or bookmarks, with colors and fonts.
- Fully functional following of HTML links stored in the nodes.
- Freemind supports folding.
- Fast one-click navigation, including folding / unfolding on one click.
- Smart Drag n Drop.
- Smart copying and pasting, including links from HTML,
- Export of map to HTML, with folding.