Baku allows you to search for system registry errors and unneeded files that can be safely removed.
- Locate duplicate files on your system (while ignoring system files).
- Deletes empty folders, ‘History’ folder contents, ‘Recent documents’ folder contents, ‘Temp’ folder contents, temporary internet files, cookies.
- Searches Windows log files, shortcuts to missing files and folders and user specified file types.
- Registry scan removes unused and obsolete keys, including ActiveX/COM, Application Paths, Fonts, Help files, Icon files, Sound files, Uninstall Programs and Windows Installer.
- The registry is automatically backed up before any changes are made.
- Implements the standard DOD 5220.22-M, to give you confidence that once deleted, your file data is gone forever (if Eraser is installed it will be used instead).
- Clears MRU lists from many applications including Media Player, eMule, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip, etc.
- Compacts the registry hives to the minimum size possible.
- Heuristic based scanning of applications MRU lists.
- Ability to backup and restore the entire system registry.
- Backup and restore system device drivers.
Why should I clean my registry?
Over time, the Windows Registry can begin to contain information that’s no longer valid. Any application that does not uninstall properly, or does not have an uninstaller, can leave entries in the registry.
In some cases this leads to performance or even stability problems. Eventually this orphaned or misplaced information accumulates and begins to clog your registry, potentially slowing down your PC and causing error messages and system crashes. You might also notice that your PC’s startup process is slower than it used to be. Cleaning your registry is the easiest way to help avoid these common problems.
Compacting the Registry
The registry files in Windows can become fragmented over time, occupying more space on your hard disk than necessary and decreasing overall performance.
The program works by recreating each registry hive “from scratch”, thus removing any slack space that may be left from previously modified or deleted keys. Note that this function does NOT change the contents of the registry in any way, nor does it physically defrag the registry files on the drive. The optimization done is simply compacting the registry hives to the minimum size possible.
- Ability to select the signature type, group oldest/newest and create hard links to files on duplicate file search.
- Improved detection of hidden installations and ability to export them.
- Improved MRU list detection.
- Registry search finds more errors.
- Bug fixes.