Joost Media Player is an Adobe Air application that gives users the ability to view Joost.com’s extensive library of television shows, music and movies. The player has over 400 television shows, a library of over 10,000 music videos and a large selection of film.
- On install of Joost Media Player you can enter your Twitter info and the player will auto-update your Twitter account. This feature can be accessed by clicking on the Twitter icon on the menu bar. Once clicked a new window will launch and you will be able to have a video and Twitter experience at the same time.
- Joost has an open API which developers can easily utilise to build their own apps.
- The guide screen allows you to scale the player so as you increase the size so more shows are viewable. This is a major limitation to most sites viewed on the web, which are usually fixed in size and is built to go page to page. On a 30 inch monitor you will be able to view 144 shows at a glance.
- A major limitation of all video websites is the inherent nature of the web which is to force the user to go page to page. Thus a video stops playing when a user wants to search for content or navigate the site. Joost Media Player has continuous playback of video wherever the user decides to go.
- Fullscreen option
- Clicking on the tv icon will launch you to the fullscreen mode. Depending on whether you were viewing the TV or Movie guide will launch the list of TV or Movies. In this view the userwas in TV mode and now is presented a list of hundreds of TV shows.
Free for Mac OSX, requires Adobe Air.