Smugglers 4 is a turn-based science-fiction space trading game. You have the option to be a greedy trader, an ambitious bounty hunter, a ruthless pirate and your actions will ultimately have an impact on the galactic scale. You will even be able to board enemy ships and conquer star systems commanding large battleships. Features:
- Acquire up to 60 different abilities and choose between 6 different professions (trader, combat trader, mercenary, bounty hunter, smuggler, pirate).
- 24 star systems with over 75 planets. Visit your favorite planets or discover some new systems. Beautifully crafted planet art.
- Four different factions with completetly different ship textures, uniforms and medals (depending on your success you can pin rank signs, ribbons and medals on your proud chest).
- Improved crew combat now featuring battle droids, EMP weapons and commando attacks. You can board and capture enemy ships.
- Completetly new spaceships ranging from small fighters and corvettes up to large freighters and battleships.
- The ships have special equipment and abilities that makes every spaceship unique.
- New turn-based space combat system including different abilities such as cloaking, recharging shields, boarding enemy ships, etc.
- Improved trade systems (Realistic supply-and-demand based pricing for those who love to trade)
- Improved non-linear war and campaign system. You can influence the war and how you do that is now displayed even better.
- Unique text engine providing different storylines of the war and mission descriptions (e.g. 10,000 different war declarations possible). Maybe this is the first time this has been successfully accomplished in a computer game.
- New music and SFX created by Nathan Madsen.
Free trial for Windows 98 to Vista.