A Norton Commander like file manager, a clever Zip archive manager, a full blown FTP client and a fast graphics viewer, all in one package, that’s Nico’s Commander! See below for a full list of what Nico’s Commander can do for you.
Nico’s Commander supports both English and Dutch. During installation you can choose what language to use.
- A Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 system, either 32 or 64 bit.
- With Nico’s Commander you can do file management the way you did it with Norton Commander. However, Nico’s Commander adds a number of very useful features:
- Ten or twenty application buttons you can configure to start your favorite application with one mouse click, and feed the application a file you selected.
- User configurable function keys.
- File search (with wildcards) and search for strings inside files.
- Zip and unzip with a few clicks of your mouse.
- Also support for RAR, CAB, TAR, GZIP and TZ archives.
- Directory compare.
- File compare.
- Explorer-like context menus.
- Supports FAT32 and NTFS.
- Show the current date and time in the title bar of the active window.
- Built-in editor without Notepads limitations.
- Built-in hex editor.
- Built-in viewer for text files and for a number of popular graphical file formats: JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PCX. Reach icons on your desktop with one mouse click, even if your desktop is cluttered with windows.
- Reach your Control Panel applets with one click of the mouse.
- Use FTP sites as local disks, with proxy/firewall support.
- Print ASCII files one page on a sheet (portrait) or two pages on a sheet (landscape).
- Optional command prompt with command history.
- Minimize by right clicking on empty space in Nico’s Commander’s main window.
- Esc key can instantly activate your Screen Saver.
- Shutdown your PC with one mouse click.
- And of course help and tooltips everywhere.
- Fixed problems in sorting and comparing directories.