Nero was once a classic CD/DVD burning program. It has now become a multimedia suite with a variety of features. It is suitable for the handling of media including photos, videos or music. With the increased focus on modern home media and devices and enhanced interactivity of applications, the suite allows the user to connect many different media and to edit it for playback at home or on the road.
New focus on media and devices
- Significantly improved media management with higher performance and optimised workflow
- With the new “Nero Disc to Device” function burn Blu-ray discs, DVD videos or audio CDs with just one mouse click
- Convert and transfer directly to your connected smartphone or tablet to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive) or PC folder
- Optimum mobile device support for the newest and the latest iOS, Android and Windows 8 smartphones and tablets
- Use the new “Play to TV” streaming feature for streaming videos, music and theme-based slideshows directly to the TV to your home network including the ability for remote playback
- New high-quality video optimisation tools such as Nero tilt-shift effects to create thumbnails, or adjust automatically with Rhythm Snap slideshows and videos to songs
- High-quality video output with Ultra HD (4K) support
- Improved encoding performance optimised for your PC hardware
Nero 2014 costs €69.99 (about £60), with a trial version that lasts for 15 days. Nero 2014 Platinum offers more functions and costs €99.99 euros.
The manufacturer’s website provides a detailed comparison of the different versions.